Meet Dr Nalini Chilkov, L.Ac., OMD.
Founder of the American Institute of Integrative Oncology Research and Education
Dr Nalini Chilkov, L.Ac, OMD is a leading authority and pioneer in the field of integrative cancer care, cancer prevention and immune enhancement. She is the Founder of the American Institute of Integrative Oncology Research and Education and author of the #1 Best Seller, 32 Ways to Out Smart Cancer. Dr Chilkov brings over 30 years of clinical experience, combining the best of modern functional medicine with the ancient wisdom of traditional Oriental and natural healing. She is a highly respected expert in her field, a frequent speaker at conferences and educational institutions, and a trusted resource to the media. She is a seasoned clinician and an innovator, building bridges between modern and traditional healing paradigms, and partnering with and training physicians to provide the best outcomes for patients.
The Estrobolome: The Influence of the Microbiome Upon Estrogen Metabolism and Estrogen Driven CancersDr Nalini Chilkov, OMD
The intestinal microbiome modulates the endogenous metabolism of estrogens. We will discuss how this influences a woman’s lifetime exposure to circulating estrogens and how the gut microbiotama contribute to the development of estrogen driven cancers. We will learn to use specific nutriceuticals, probitoics and botanicals to promote a healthy and protective microbiome that favors estrogen conjugation and excretion.
- Define Estrobolome
- Understand how gut bacteria influence enterohepatic circulation of estrogens
- Understand how a woman’s lifetime burden of estrogen exposure may reflect the metabolic functioning of her estrobolome
- Understand the link between the estrobolome and gut microbiota to estrogen driven cancers
- Understand how to use nutraceuticals, botanicals and probiotics to promote estrogen conjugation and excretion and inhibit reabsorption of free estrogens
The Oncobesity Epidemic: The Deadly Link Between Cancer, Obesity, Glucose and Insulin
Dr Nalini Chilkov, OMD
Obesity and Insulin Resistance are recognized as major risk factors for a worsened prognosis for cancer incidence, progression, recurrence and cancer mortality. Nutraceutical and Botanical Supplements, Dietary and Lifestyle Modifications may significantly modify risk factors, epigenetic expression and alter signaling in the tumor microenvironment improving outcomes and reducing rates of obesity and insulin resistance related carcinogenesis. Dr Chilkov will provide an overview of the mechanisms contributing to increased rates of cancer and cancer mortality associated with obesity and insulin resistance and will review the use of specific nutraceutical, botanical, dietary and lifestyle interventions to reduce cancer incidence and cancer mortality resulting from obesity and insulin resistance by altering the tumor cell microenvironment and epigenetic signaling.
- Provide Overview of the mechanisms of increased rates of cancer and cancer mortality associated with obesity and insulin resistance.
- Understand the impact of factors associated with obesity and insulin resistance contribute to increased rates of cancer incidence and cancer mortality
- Understand how Hyperglycemia and Hyperinsulinemia promote carcinogenesis, proliferation and metastatic progression
- Understand how inflammation and increased oxidative stress associated with obesity and insulin resistance promote carcinogenesis, proliferation, and metastatic progression
- Understand how to use specific nutraceutical, botanical, dietary and lifestyle interventions to reduce cancer incidence and cancer mortality resulting from obesity and insulin resistance by altering the tumor cell microenvironment
Dr Chilkov is an invaluable resource for creating a plan for healthin the midst of the challenges and complexities of cancer diagnosis,cancer treatment and recovery and investing in the health side ofthe equation.Dr Mark Hyman, MD