INFORMATION IS FOR PROFESSIONAL USE ONLY.
Educational information only. Not intended as a replacement for medical advice that is based on individual circumstances.
Curcum-Evail™ is a highly bioavailable curcuminoid formulation. This product contains a unique
combination of three bioactive, health-promoting curcuminoids: curcumin, bisdemethoxy curcumin and demethoxy curcumin, along with turmeric oil. The three curcuminoids are the strongest, most protective and best researched
constituents of the turmeric root. Naturally occurring turmeric root powder contains only 5-7% curcumin, while the blend in Curcum-Evail™ is concentrated to contain 95% curcuminoids, of which curcumin represents 70%.
The crystalline structure of curcumin renders it difficult to absorb in the GI tract. According to researchers, “The potential health benefits of curcumin are limited by its poor solubility, low absorption from the gut, rapid metabolism and rapid systemic elimination.” (1). For this reason, Curcum-Evail™ is manufactured using the new Designs for Health Evail™ process, which is an all-natural formulation that improves the absorption and delivery of curcumin. This process uses a proprietary blend of MCT oils, non-soy derived lecithin, and vitamin E, without the use of potentially harmful surfactants. This delivery technology increases the absorption rate and reduces the absorption time for nutrients and may allow for superior effects through lower dosages.
Curcum-Evail™ is a highly bioavailable softgel curcuminoid formulation. It is manufactured utilising the Designs for Health Evail™ process, which overcomes the poor absorption challenge seen in typical curcumin formulas.
Curcum-Evail™ is unique in that it has been shown to increase in-vivo tetrahydrocurcumin as well as curcumin, demethoxycurcumin and bisdemethoxycurcumin in plasma. Tetrahydrocurcumin is a major metabolite of curcumin and demonstrates remarkable antioxidant properties exceeding those of curcumin alone (2-4). Compared to reference products containing equal concentrations of curcuminoids, Curcum-Evail™ exhibited several-fold higher absorption, resulting in plasma levels of tetrahydrocurcumin that were nearly 30 times higher. Area under the curve (AUC) amounts for plasma levels of all three curcuminoids in this formula were significantly higher than for the reference products (5).
ABSORPTION OF CURCUM-EVAIL™ VS. TWO REFERENCE CURCUMIN PRODUCTS
A randomised, crossover study in humans
* Reference A is other leading enhanced bioavailability formulation.
* Reference B is the dry form of curcumin
Other products in the Evail™ Series:
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
1. Jäger R, Lowery RP, Calvanese AV, Joy JM, Purpura M, Wilson JM. Comparative absorption of curcumin formulations. Nutrition Journal. 2014;13:11.
2. Osawa T, Sugiyama Y, Inayoshi M, Kawakishi S. Antioxidative activity of tetrahydrocurcuminoids. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 1995 Sep;59(9):1609-12.
3. Lai CS, Wu JC, Yu SF, Badmaev V, Nagabhushanam K, Ho CT, Pan MH. Tetrahydrocurcumin is more effective than curcumin in preventing azoxymethane-induced colon carcinogenesis. Mol NutrFood Res. 2011 Dec;55(12):1819-28.
4. Okada K, Wangpoengtrakul C, Tanaka T, Toyokuni S, Uchida K, Osawa T. Curcumin and especially tetrahydrocurcumin ameliorate oxidative stress-induced renal injury in mice. J Nutr. 2001Aug;131(8):2090-5.
5. Ganon et al., NOVEL CURCUMINOID FORMULATIONS AND RELATED METHODS OF TREATMENT