Become a certified SIBO expert
This four-week online practitioner training course covers everything from the basics to the in-depth pathophysiology and functional assessment of SIBO, presented in an organised, clinically relevant format.
Join Dr Siebecker for weekly live webinar classes on Wednesdays at 4-6pm, which will be hosted by Invivo Clinical's resident SIBO expert, Tanya Borowski, IFMCP, DipCNM. The webinars will be available to watch at your convenience, will include electronic hand-outs, supporting material and Q&A. The course will culminate in a multiple choice test to certify 8 hours of SIBO education and CPD.
Learn from one of the leading experts in SIBO
Dr. Siebecker is passionate about education: she is the Instructor of Advanced Gastroenterology at NUNM, Coordinator of the 2014 and 2015 SIBO Symposiums, GI Health Foundation faculty, teaches continuing education classes for physicians and is the author of the free educational website: siboinfo.com.
Course Dates: 3rd May 2017 to the 24th May 2017 (webinars will be recorded and available to watch at your convenience up until the end of the course).
Online Certification Test: multiple choice exam (included in price) to be taken before 24th June 2017.
CPD: 8 hours (BANT, NNA).
Places: Limited places available; first-come-first-serve basis. Student places limited to 10 (10% discount).
Book: Online by clicking below.
Over our four weeks together, we will learn how SIBO symptoms are generated, the role of SIBO in IBS, as well as other diseases, the underlying causes and risk factors of SIBO, and current test interpretation. We will discuss treatment and relapse prevention strategies, including antibiotics, herbal antibiotics, elemental diet, diet, prokinetics and probiotics.
I will also share my treatment algorithm, lots of clinical pearls and offer Q&A throughout.
See you there!
Dr Allison Siebecker
Course Learning Objectives:
- Describe the symptoms, causes and pathophysiology of SIBO
- To be able to correlate SIBO with established diseases and syndromes
- Understand and be able to apply diagnosis for SIBO including interpretation of test results
- Understand and be able to apply treatment approaches for SIBO including diet, antibiotics, herbal antibiotics and elemental diet
- To understand and be able to apply prevention strategies for SIBO including prokinetics
Class 1 | 03.05.17 | 16:00-18:00
Introduction: what is SIBO?
Key Diagnostic Indicators
Aetiology - underlying causes, risk factors
- To understand and be able to describe the symptoms, aetiology and pathophysiology of SIBO and correlate SIBO with established diseases and syndromes.
- To understand how and why carbohydrates, autoimmunity, impaired motility and mucosal damage contribute to symptoms in SIBO.
Class 2 | 10.05.17 | 16:00-18:00
Testing - test options, retesting, test interpretation
Key Treatment Points for Success
- To understand and be able to accurately diagnose SIBO utilising interpretation of breath test results.
- Describe the overall treatment approach to SIBO.
Class 3 | 17.05.17 | 16:00-18:00
Treatment Part I: Diet
Specific Carbohydrate Diet
Gut & Psychology Syndrome Diet
Low FODMAP Diet
SIBO Specific Food Diet
- Identify key dietary principles for symptomatic relief of SIBO.
- To understand which diets are used for SIBO and be able to apply them in the clinical setting.
Class 4 | 24.05.17 | 16:00-18:00
Treatment Part II: Anti-microbials & Prevention
Prevention of Relapse
- To understand which antimicrobial treatments are used for SIBO and be able to prepare an appropriate treatment plan based on the analysis of history, laboratory studies, and differential diagnosis.
- To understand the prevention of relapse strategies for SIBO including prokinetics, diet and meal spacing and be able to apply them in the clinical setting..
Allison Siebecker is a leading authority on SIBO. As an avid follower of hers already, I have enjoyed her pragmatic approach to the resolution of this condition and the opportunity to hear from her again with the latest updates and research regarding this perplexing condition is compelling.Tracey Randell, Dip BCNH, CNHC, mBANT, IFM certified.